Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Girl With Dragon Tattoo



When they were showing trailers before the main feature X-Men: First Class played (which is a super good movie BTW...), the trailer for Girl With Dragon Tattoo trailer played and I was just blown away. The music they used and the scene cuts were intense. I have heard of the book but never really got the chance to read it. I bought the DVD of the original Swedish version awhile ago and I was impressed after watching it. I watch A LOT of movies and honestly think that lately, all they ever come up with are sequels, superhero movies, alien movies and corny romcoms. Based on the novel by the late Stieg Larsson, the storyline of The Girl With Dragon Tattoo is just remarkable. I was so absorbed with the movie the whole time. The acting was incredible and the character development was interesting. I'm especially attracted to the character of Lisbeth Salander - super badass hacker with a photographic memory.

Anyways, the US remake is coming out this December 2011. I have to admit, US remakes have the reputation of - well lets just say they never live up to the originals... An example will be Spanish horror film REC and the US version of quarantine, The Grudge, The Ring... the list can go on. However, I'm really hoping that this one will be different since Daniel Craig was selected to be Mikail Blomkvist and Stellan Skarsgard is playing Martin Vanger!!! OMFG... I really liked the girl who played Lisbeth in the original Swedish version but I hope Rooney Mara can do a great job on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment